Monday, July 20, 2009

This week's KIDMO kids...

This past week I taught the Kidmo Kids about maps. They are everywhere... Google, Yahoo, Rand McNally, Mapquest, and so on. We discussed the importance of knowing where you're going, and what you plan to do when you get there. What do you do when you get lost? Check the map! God's word is a map for our lives. It tells us what to do on the road of life, the most direct route to heaven, how to get there, what we can expect along the way and also what to expect once we reach the end of our journey.

As I reflect on the teachings that I bring to these great kids, it occurs to me that there are countless times in my life I have had no idea where I was going and I placed so much trust in myself, I chose not check the map. This act of self-reliance only led me down the bumpiest roads, so filled with pot-holes and washouts I thought I may never reach my destination. It's amazing that once you reach out to God's word and find your compass points, how clearly marked the roads and landmarks are.

As I told the kids, the bible is a map for our lives. It tells us where we've been, where we're going and how to get there. The only fuel we need for the trip is the love of Christ and a huge passenger seat for anyone who wants to share the ride. The bible is our map, Jesus' love for us lights the way. My plan is to check the map every chance I get, and to enjoy the trip.

God is good...

Psalm 119:105
"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path."

KIDMO! is held every Wednesday at 7pm for our kids 5yrs. to 5th grade. For more information, contact Christine Zelazo at czelazo@suddenlink.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment